Safe & Healthy Products: How to Address PFAS
Join Sway, the Green Science Policy Institute and KEEN on Thursday, May 4 at 1 p.m. ET for a timely webinar on manufacturing & sourcing PFAS-free products.
If you’re engaged in the consumer goods space, there’s no doubt that PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) have been on your mind this year. Already, 2023 has ushered in significant media, legal and regulatory attention on this class of chemical, which is widely used in consumer goods for its non-stick and waterproofing properties.
Found in home furnishings, cookware, clothing, cosmetics, car seats and many other product categories, PFAS are nicknamed “forever chemicals” because they do not fully degrade from living tissue or the environment, and are associated with health issues like thyroid disease, asthma and certain cancers. It is a public health and environmental imperative that PFAS are removed from consumer goods.
Join Sway, the Green Science Policy Institute and footwear brand KEEN for a timely and essential webinar on PFAS: we’ll cover what they are, how they can be introduced into consumer products throughout the supply chain, and the steps you can take to test your products and ultimately work to ensure that they are verifiably PFAS-free. Addressing PFAS in your products now is key to protecting the health of your customers and the future of your brand.
What we'll cover
- What PFAS are, and why it’s a public health and environmental imperative to remove them from consumer products
- A roadmap to assess and address PFAS in your products
- How footwear brand KEEN successfully removed PFAS from their supply chain
- New research on PFAS released by the Green Science Policy Institute this month
Who can benefit from this webinar
- Product manufacturers of all types of consumer goods
- Designers and other professionals responsible for sourcing healthy products
- Anyone interested in getting PFAS out of the products we use everyday!
Carol Kwiatkowski, PhD
Science and Policy Senior Associate, Green Science Policy Institute
Sustainability Manager, KEEN
Founder & CEO, Sway